Jerilyn DePasquale’s PageMiles for Hope 2021
I’m, participating because…
Children deserve to be protected. period. NCMEC provides awareness, education and help to children, families, law enforcement, healthcare professionals, etc. This is important work. Here’s why:
– in 2020 there were 365,348 NCIC entries for missing children. In 2019, the total number of missing children entries into NCIC was 421,394, in just ONE YEAR. (according to the FBI)
– NCMEC has trained more than 382,000 law enforcement, criminal/juvenile justice and healthcare professionals
– In 2020, the CyberTipline received more than 21.7 million reports, up from 16.9 million reports in 2019, most of which related to: Apparent child sexual abuse material, online enticement, including “sextortion.”, child sex trafficking and child sexual molestation.
– In 2020, NCMEC received 3,220 requests from law enforcement, containing more than 15 million images and videos. Analysts help determine if the children depicted have been previously identified or if they are unknown or new victims.
– NCMEC has assisted law enforcement in the recovery of more than 355,000 missing children
…and so much more…
Donations and Comments
Thank you for fundraising in support of these children and their loved ones!